The views expressed on this blog are those of the authors and not necessarily those of the ESRC.
Writing for our blog
Content on the ESRC blog should:
- relate to ESRC’s activities
- be of interest to a wide audience
- be written in a non-stuffy, personal style
Examples of suitable content include:
- an overview of an upcoming or recently attended event
- a summary of an overseas visit
- details of an ESRC project or activity
We’ve put together a few pointers below to help our guest authors:
- aim for a post length between 500-700 words
- avoid jargon where possible
- include a ‘call to action’ (eg link the post to your ESRC project findings or an upcoming event)
- write in a personal manner (use the first person)
- be interesting
- be yourself
- proofread your post before submitting it.
You’ll also need to provide a photo of yourself and a short bio saying what your role is and what your research / professional interests are.
We will not normally make any significant changes to the content, but will address issues such as typos and grammatical errors. We will also add appropriate images and links.
All comments submitted to this blog will be moderated before they are published.
You can get in touch at email@example.com.